9 out of 10 moms agree that they just want peace and quiet for Mother’s Day! Since you, like us, don’t believe for a second that Mom doesn’t want to be showered with gifts and attention, below is our TOP 10 list of ideas to make Mother’s Day Mom’s best!
- Did you know that the Allentown Art Museum is free on Sundays? Make reservations early for Fegley’s Mother’s Day Buffet at the Allentown Brew Works and enjoy a day downtown! Better yet, buy Mom a membership which allows two adults to members-only exhibition Preview parties (three per year), where she will get to see the new exhibitions first. That’s just one of several perks!
- How about a CSA share? What is a CSA you ask? Community Supported Agriculture is a way not only to show Mom how much you love her and fresh veggies, but it also allows Mom to receive a weekly share of Wild Fox Farm’s harvest all summer long! Although you can pick up at the farm, even more convenient, the Bethlehem Brew Works is a drop off location! Mom can pick up her weekly share and have a night out too!
- One of the hottest new group activities in the Lehigh Valley right now is the Captured Lehigh Valley Escape Room in Bethlehem. Depending on the size of your group (bring the whole family!), you can choose from a variety of themed rooms and work as a team to escape within the allotted time. An awesome get together for the competitive family downstairs in the Main Street Commons across from the Steelgaarden.
- If your Mom is more active, how about bringing her out to one of our Hoops & Hops? Every Monday night at the Allentown Brew Works, instructor Ashley shares her hooping skills and knowledge to beginners and experienced hoopers. Throw Mom back to her childhood and enjoy some bonding time over a brew or two! At only $5 a per a person, you could buy Mom dinner too!
- While your Mom may be your favorite cook, sometimes it’s fun to try new things and she might want to expand her repertoire beyond her classics. Check out 29 Cooks in Emmaus – they offer a variety of classes for adults and children too.
- Maybe Mom has a funny bone and appreciates some wit. Both Brew Works locations offer comedy including the Bar Brawl improv every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at the Allentown Brew Works (only $5) and Stout Laughs and Associated Mess at the Bethlehem Brew Works, alternating Tuesdays.
- One of the hottest new trends is DNA testing. Everyone is doing it! Whether it be 23 and me or through Ancestry.com, Mom might love finding out more about her genetic makeup and ancestral background. 23 and me is offering a Mother’s Day promo right now too!
- For the more adventurous moms, chip in for a Dorney Park Season Pass! You’ll have a full season to ride the rides, enjoy the waterpark and then tackle your terrors come Halloween.
- Does your mom like to dance? Get her a gift card for The Gas House Dance Hall in Catasaqua! They offer a variety of classes including vintage swing and belly dance too!
- Everyone knows you can’t go wrong with flowers! You can find some of our favorite Lehigh Valley florists on our website here.
If one of these ten ideas doesn’t grab you, how about making a donation in Mom’s name? Some of our favorite local charities include the many rescues we support through our Tuesday, Yappy Hour event on the Biergarden patio at Allentown Brew Works or the Jubilee Breakfast Ministry at Zion’s Liberty Bell Church or make a donation to the Allentown School District Foundation to help one of the over 1,000 homeless children in the school district. (make sure to say it’s for “Rooster“)
Or grab tickets to our upcoming Whisky, Rum & Beer Festival featuring the acoustic beach sounds of Tropical Soul!
Worst case, you can always grab a gift card, good for either Brew Works location, so Mom can come back with her friends and enjoy ½ price bottles of wine on Sundays at the Allentown Brew Works or Tuesday in Bethlehem. We also have a new line of women’s retail coming in including a tank shirt, a baseball t-shirt and more!
But most of all, don’t forget to tell Mom how much you love and appreciate her!
Make your reservation now for Fegley’s Allentown Brew Works’ Mother’s Day Buffet.